Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I Got Mail

Just got my MuLondon facial moisturizer in the mail (yes, you can receive things from outside when you're in the occupied Palestinian territories, at least if you have a PO Box, and if you don't mind waiting for almost a month).

Anyway, living in a land where nobody's heard of organic, natural, vegan skincare, and seeing as how I ran out of my MuLondon cream months ago and refuse to use mineral oils, silicone oils and other crap on my skin, my face is DRY. So you can imagine how happy I am to finally have a beautiful completely natural and vegan lavender cream again AND a marigold, frankincense and myrrh cream too (Boris, the creator of MuLondon, very kindly sent me a sample of the marigold cream--wohoo!).

I can't decide which one I like the best. They both work wonders for the skin, especially if you have sensitive skin like I do. In the mornings I put a very, very thin layer so I don't go shiny (because they're very rich in fine oils, these creams). But at night, I put on a little extra so it can work its magic while I sleep, and wake up with clearer, smoother skin in the morning.

I know I sound like a commercial, but I LOVE NATURAL COSMETICS. I really do. If it weren't for my Masters in Political Science, and all the time and effort I put into it, I'd change careers and go into the essential oil business or something.

Speaking of which, there's a lady in New York who has a very nice little shop in Greenwich Village for essential oils--Enfleurage. It's amazing. I wanted to move in there when I was in New York last fall. The owner, Trygve Harris, has a blog where she writes about the trips she makes to Oman, India, Jordan, Egypt--everywhere she goes to buy essential oils, frankincense and other aromatics. AMAZING. Wish she would take me with her on her next trip.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: